Tds from traces, revised itr

Madhu (Software) (27 Points)

22 July 2014  

Hi Prabhakara Rao,

Many thanks for your reply. Refer the inline comments.

1. Income Chargeable under Head Salaries should be taken from Part B.

OK

2. Total Tax deducted should also be taken from Part B. And your Part A TDS amount must match with Part B. If Part A is greater than Part B, then refund to be claimed.

Yes - The amount from Part A is greater than Part B

So In "2014_ITR1_PR2_02.xls" tab "TDS" Sec 19 - Should I enter amount from Part A in the "Total Tax Deducted" Cell F4.

3. For filing revised return you must select "17-Revised 139(5) and then enter the Date of Filing Original Return.

OK So I no need and cannot enter Acknowledgement Number next to Cell AF30 in In "2014_ITR1_PR2_02.xls" tab "Income Tax"

If you still having any difficulty, pls. upload your Form 16 (Part A & B) and ITR-V acknowledgement so that i can help you filling the return.

Can I share your personal mail id please, so that I can send to you now.

Many Thanks for your help.

Dear Friend,

I took ITR-1 from 2014_ITR1_PR2_02.xls and filed Original ITR return. Refer enclosed file.

Actually I didn't notice the Form 16 - Part A TDS from TRACES where I had an excess amount from Form 16 - Part B from my employer.

1. In "2014_ITR1_PR2_02.xls" tab "TDS" Sec 19 - Should I take "Income chargeable under the head 'salaries' (3-5)" Cell E4 from Form 16 - Part B as it is not available in Form 16 - Part A

2. In "2014_ITR1_PR2_02.xls" tab "TDS" Sec 19 - Should I take "Total Tax Deducted" Cell F4 from Form 16 - Part A as this is the total tax amount paid by me/my employer to Government.

3. In "2014_ITR1_PR2_02.xls" tab "Income Tax" - I need to update as "Revised" but in Cell AF30 it is asking only Date but the comment in next cell says as "Enter Acknolowdgement Number" - It is not allowing to enter Ack. No. it is allowing only to enter Date.

4. Kindly confirm if I just need to update the TDS tab as per #1 and #2 above and update as Revised, and only the Date of Filing Original in first sheet.

5. Hope I need to send both Original and Revised by Post.

Please help so that I can file it before 31-July.

Many advanced thanks for your help.