Taxation of NR becomes resident

Krishna (Assistant) (633 Points)

21 January 2023  
An Indian person working in USA becomes a Resident for FY 17-18. He received salaries abroad deposited in his NRE account also he has some NRE FDs on which interest is accrued for the year 17 - 18. Now he received notice us 148 to file the return. Now Tax plus interest is coming in lakhs of rupees. Is there any way to save the tax .. ?? say any tax treaty between India & USA. Any good advice will be highly appreciated 🙏