Easy Office

suggetionz fr studying pcc 2nd group

Page no : 2

CA Amit Talada (CA, NCFM (level IV)) (4016 Points)
Replied 03 September 2009

prepare ur own notes for theory portion of practical subjects...................

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)

Paper 4 – Cost Accounting & F.Mgt
1. The pattern of the question paper is as follows

a. Costing(50 marks)
b. Fin Mgt (50 marks)
i. 10 marks (5x2)
ii. 15 marks
iii. 16 marks
iv 9 marks (3x3) – 3 out of 4

i. 10 marks (5x2)
ii. 15 marks
iii. 16 marks
iv 9 marks (3x3) – 3 out of 4

·         Do not leave any topic as the paper will cover the entire syllabus and almost no choices
·         If you have attended the class, please go through the class notes first..
·         Don’t refer any new book or notes just 2-3 month before your exam
·         Please go through the RTP prescribed for your attempt, as sometimes the exam problem is one of the RTP questions.
·         Your answer to the problem should include as many working notes as possible.
·         Theory questions will be very simple and straight forward and please don’t ignore theory and the Misc. topics. It will help in scoring and also clearing the exams.
·         Time will be a constraint so plan your time well in advance and leave at leat one month for revision.
·         Keep practicing the problems during your preparations. It will give you momentum and will let you know which problem will take how much time in exams.
·         While preparing for exam note down all the formulae in a sheet and just before entering the exam revise the formulae for an hour. It will really help you in solving problems quickly and ensure that you are not stuck mid way.
·         Try to go through the past question papers and the feel of the type of questions asked in the exams.

5 – Income Tax, Service Tax & VAT

a. Income Tax (75 marks)
b. Service Tax, VAT (25 marks)
i. State with reasons – True/False – 5x2=10marks (5 out of 6)
ii. 20 marks
iii. 15 marks
iv. 14 marks
v. 4x4=16 marks (4 out of 5)

i. 5x2=10 marks (5 out of 6)
ii. 3x2=6 marks
iii. 3x3=9marks (3 out of 4)

·         Please focus on recent amendments as many questions will be based on recent  amendments. Download such material from our website.
·         If you have attended the class, please go through the class notes first and then read the Material.
·         Please go through the RTP prescribed for your attempt, as sometimes the exam  problem is one of the RTP questions.
·         Your answer to the problem should include as many working notes as possible including assumptions.
·          Theory covers more than 25 marks in IT & 12 marks in ST, VAT. Theory are of 2 types.
i. Direct Theory – give relevant points and precise answers
ii. Application oriented – answer as follows
a)   The facts of the case
b) The provisions of the law
c)   Analysis of the case
d)   Conclusion
·         Time will be a constraint so plan your time well in advance
·         Keep practising the problems during your preparations. It will give you momentum and will let you know which problem will take how much time in
·         exams.
·         There is no compulsion to remember the Section Nos. You will not lose any
·         mark for not quoting the Sections
·         Try to go through the past question papers and the feel of the type of questions
·         asked in the exams.
·         Read the provisions deeply because the questions will be very tricky.
·         Do not leave any topic as the paper will cover the entire syllabus and almost no choices
·         Chapter 14 – Total Income Problems – 20 marks problems are given. Practice
·         them as the exam problem will be on similar lines.

6 – Information Technology & Strategic Management

a. Information Technology (50 marks)
b. Strategic Management (50 marks)
i. Briefly describe – 5x1=5marks
ii. Explain the following– 5x1=5marks
iii. 2x5=10 marks (2 out of 3)
iv 10 marks
v. Flowchart/Decision Table – 10 marks (SURE)
vi. Short notes – 2x5=10marks

i. State with reasons – True/False 3x2=
6 marks (3 out of 5)
ii. 2x2=4 marks (2 out of 3)
iii. 10 marks
iv. 10 marks
v. Case Study – 20 marks

·         Read the computer glossary to score 5 marks in describing the computer terminologies
·         If you have attended the class, please go through the class notes first and then read the book.
·         Please go through the RTP prescribed for your attempt, as sometimes the exam problem is one of the RTP questions.
·         Your answer should be brief, in points, will surely fetch you more marks.
·         Case study is a very good scoring area. Understand the case clearly and answer the questions briefly and to the point. Download the relevant material from our site.
·         Time will not be a constraint.
·         The Subject is full of technical jargons so you need to read the subject again and again say 23 readings to get used to the said language.
·         Try to go through the past question papers and the feel of the type of questions asked in the exams.

2 Like

(Guest)

For SM and IT I can suugest to go through the study material and compilations. I studied this subject hardly 15 days and I secured 64.

1 Like

PK PREE (CA Final articled student)   (128 Points)

1.Cost - this paper appears to be easy but its not easy. Go through all d topics,dont omit any part. Esp d theory part. Sumtimes d theory part will help u fetch more marks,sumtimes it helps to pass.As for d sums part,practice hard.Dont do eye reading.Work out and see sums. Past questions,rtp's and institute material sums.Most importantly follow one book. Dont refer to many authors

2 Tax - Be strong wid d provisions.BE thorough wid service tax and Vat area's as it covers 25 marks. Hav a habit of practicing 20 marks probs everyday. This paper also dont omit anythin.Have a gud knowledge abt d latest amendments

3 Info tech and Sm - Dont omit dis paper as its a theory. Actually dis d paper in II group where u can score. In info tech part be sure wid d technical terms.Flowchart - hav a clear idea abt it. revise d topics atleast 3 times.Then only ull not hav trouble wid d terms. SM - Dont need to byheart it.Writing in ur own words will help u.Read all d chapters and understand it.Dont byheart. Hav a clear idea abt everythin.

ALL THE BEST

1 Like

Hiren Doshi (Chartered Accountant) (38 Points)

Hi,.

From costing and FM i find the latter one quite interesting. But, Prepare Numericals of all sorts in both subjects. Practice as much as u can cos u've to solve lengthy questions in exam. They ask many things in one question.

For taxation, u should make Service Tax and VAT your strength, atleast 20-21 Marks should be fetched from it. while for income tax focus on ammendments and to do so u can buy the supplementary study material from chapter office. it'll be helpful for sure.

For SM and IT, don't leave a single chapter. they can ask anything from anywhere, like they asked Flowchart but in reverse order(i.e. solution was given & question was asked to framed) in last attempt.

In all, U have to study and cover every topic atlesat twice.

1 Like

Shikha Sharma (Chartered Accountant) (311 Points)

Hi Sanchita,

Try to understand the basic concept behind every topic... 'coz once v know the concept, v'll be able to solve any kind of problem..

For costing and FM, try to solve as many problems as possible.. jus don' go through the problems and solutions.. Try to work out every problem.. 'coz this practice 'll help u solve problem easily during exam..And compilers are very helpful for costing and FM.. Please refer those.. and i feel theory from compilers and study material is also important.

Further income tax is more of a theory subjet than a practical one. try to concentrate on theory aspects, and practicals would be very easy, as it is only application of theory.. And try to complete studying Service tax and VAT first, as v need to study a small part of the syllabus for 25% fo the marks.

1 Like

Shweta (CA Final Student) (305 Points)

Hi Sanchita

Firstly whatever you start, start with confidence.

1. In costing & Fm do as much of variety of Ques as you can do and finish your theory along with the practical

2. for tax firstly you should finish service tax & Vat and then the five heads & Totoal income,these topics cover atleast 70%

3. for IT & Sm-don't try to learn ,just have understanding of the topic.

1 Like

sanchita (student) (337 Points)
Replied 04 September 2009

thnx evry1..

Replied 06 September 2009

ne more suggestionzz

MR. R....halpfull hand is back (.) (297 Points)

blank suggestions..mr r

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: