Share on Email

Share More

Suggest me

CA Sumit Arora (CA)     11 May 2011

CA Sumit Arora
CA 
 42 likes  1410 points

| My Other Post

Hello all CCI members and my friends, this is all about my articleship. My articleship was completed on 21st March 2011. But at the signing of form 108 my principal obtained a verbal commitment to perform for the excess leaves after may 2011 examination but now due to my hectic schedule of classes and some other problems as well, i am unable to perform the commitment. I have already submitted my form 108 with the ICAI. Now He says that i will extend the articleship period, for doing this he says i don't care  if my COP will be cancelled by the ICAI. Now tell me friends can he do so?

Thanks in Advance

Sumit Arora

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)     11 May 2011

Siddharth
Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM! 
 97 likes  672 points

View Profile | My Other Post

If your leaves shown in form 108 is under or equal to 180 (for 3.5 year articleship) or near about 150 (for 3 year articleship), you don't have to server any further period.

If you have exceeded these limits, and don't wish to continue with the same CA for remaining period i.e. excess register under some other CA.

Is there a dumb CA around who will deliberately risk his COP? All the more he can't loose COP for this, also if he looses his COP, he can't have any articles at all.

You are not Salman Khan, ki aek baar commitment (verbal/ non-verbal) kardi to apni bhi nahi sunoge.. ;)

If your CA was that dumb to agree to a verbal commitment, he should loose his COP right away.

avater

CA Sumit Arora (CA)     11 May 2011

CA Sumit Arora
CA 
 42 likes  1410 points

Mr. Sidd i have already submitted form 108 with the ICAI (165 leaves have been mentioned under 3.5 years of Articleship). Please tell me in the context of above sentence.

Thanks

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)     11 May 2011

Siddharth
Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM! 
 97 likes  672 points

If you did not have had any leaves carried forward from any previous employers (transfer), then your articleship is officially complete. You should have got the confirmation of completion letter from the Council by now, if you sent it immediately after completion.

You can also check your status online here:

https://220.225.242.179/locm_article.asp?MRH_MRN=012345

copy the above url, paste it in url field and replace 012345 with your principal's membership number and hit enter.

You should be under "Student Terminated / Completed Article / Audit Training Details".

(Guest)

Originally posted by : SiDD_
If you did not have had any leaves carried forward from any previous employers (transfer), then your articleship is officially complete. You should have got the confirmation of completion letter from the Council by now, if you sent it immediately after completion.

You can also check your status online here:

https://220.225.242.179/locm_article.asp?MRH_MRN=012345

copy the above url, paste it in url field and replace 012345 with your principal's membership number and hit enter.

You should be under "Student Terminated / Completed Article / Audit Training Details".

agreed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register