ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Still honesty is the best policy

Pallav Singhania (❤ Work Hard Party Harder ❤)   (31112 Points)

29 October 2011  

Once a general manager wanted to test his people, who had come from all over India, about their values of life. He announced that in their seminar folder, there was a PVC pouch and in it a seed. When they return, they must put the seed in a pot with good soil and look after it very well. He would hold a competition at the next year's seminar and that the best plants would be awarded suitably.

Everyone did what was told to him. A year passed quickly. And next year in a big hall, a great scene! There were hundreds of pots and a great variety of plants - all except one. In this one pot was soil, but no plant! The owner of the pot was standing quietly and seemingly ashamed of himself.

The general manager called him on the stage. He asked him what happened and he told him the truth. He planted the seed, which he was given, and did what was to be done - but nothing happened.

The general manager declared him the winner!

Everyone was shocked.

It was announced, "Gentlemen! The seeds I gave you were boiled seeds. You planted them and nothing happened! You acted smartly and used some other seeds. This man was honest to his work and therefore, he did not cheat me or himself!"

A.S.C.I........

12 Replies

Vandana Mulchandani (Finance Manager ) (9227 Points)
Replied 30 October 2011

Thank you Aryan....Great sharing on honesty.....

5 Like

Replied 30 October 2011

GEM OF A WORD......" I WOULD PREFER TO BE HONEST FAILURE THAN CORRUPT SUCCESS"

MAY THIS SENTENCE BECOMS THE LIFE SENTENCE OF OUR POLITICIANS.....

"HURT ME WITH A TRUTH....BUT NEVER COMFORT ME WITH A LIE"

A.S.C.I

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 30 October 2011

Very inspiring story, Dear Aryan. And thank you, Vandana for such value-addition. I've always thought, replies should add value to a post like the way your reply has.

Replying, for me, is as serious a business as writing article. My self is reflected through my words. That's why I try to be careful with my words.

SHABDA BRAHMA.

3 Like

Replied 30 October 2011

Originally posted by : Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW

Very inspiring story, Dear Aryan. And thank you, Vandana for such value-addition. I've always thought, replies should add value to a post like the way your reply has.

Replying, for me, is as serious a business as writing article. My self is reflected through my words. That's why I try to be careful with my words.

SHABDA BRAHMA.

THNK YOU SIR JI..........

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32221 Points)
Replied 30 October 2011

honesty - you should feel it then you belive it.

honesty is a life style.

honesty is the way of living.

honesty is a art of living.

3 Like

Replied 30 October 2011

Thanx You Sir ji........

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114102 Points)
Replied 30 October 2011

Very Nice Post.....

But i am worried...Dont know whether you noticed or not...Out of 100 there was only 1 honest person...Does not sound so good...Does it??

Honesty is being honest to your self, to your values, to your country and countrymen...It does not cost much...yes we do face few diffculties by being honest like the person did by working so hard on that fake seed, but ultimately reaped the real reward of being honest. 

We all will face lots of difficulties by being honest but rest assured the fruit willl be much sweeter.

4 Like

Replied 31 October 2011

Sanjay Sir U r correct...there was a single person who make the difference....

CA Suresh Choudhary (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (2949 Points)
Replied 05 November 2011

Very Nice post.....

1 Like

(Guest)

After long time heard a great story, but agreed with Sanjay Sir, out of 100, only one is honest,

these days, if we find one honest person, it means a lot,

Funny part of the story is boss himself lied to test his employees' honesty, all the workers thought, Boss is always right, and opted to put the other seeds, and one honest person proved his boss is wrong. Really this story hides many lessons in it, raises questions too...

Thanks Aryan, for sharing

1 Like

Replied 09 November 2011

thank you Harani Di!!!!!!!!!

CA Chandani (CA) (217 Points)
Replied 17 December 2011

"HURT ME WITH A TRUTH....BUT NEVER COMFORT ME WITH A LIE"

A.S.C.I

This is Awesome.....................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum: