Mega Offer Avail 65% Off in CA IPCC and 50% Off in all CA CS CMA subjects.Coupon- IPCEXAM65 & EXAM50. Call: 088803-20003

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Madhogarhia (Pursuing Final)     23 February 2013

Result of non filing of income tax return?


One of my client receive notice for the AY 2010-11 for Non filing of Income Tax returns .

But  i had noticed the Income is more than the Basic slab rate and it is not posible to file the return now as the time for filing the return had elapsed.


Please suggest what to do in such cases as i need to reply to IT dept within 10days out of which 5 days had already elapsed.



Ankit Kumar

 2 Replies

Dhawal Mohnot

Dhawal Mohnot (Practicing)     23 February 2013

In my view.

It is possible to file income tax returns in response to notice received. At the time of filling up the return you have to mention the Section number under which you have received the notice, your return would be accepted.

In the interim you can file a letter to the ITO asking him for time to file the returns. This would be considered as a sufficient compliance to the notice received and you can file your returns within the time you have requested for.

You can wait for other views as well.


Manikanth (Chartered Accountant)     23 February 2013

It is possible to file the Return for AY 2010-11, but u have to pay  Interest u/s234A. If ur client is liable for Advance tax, then u have to pay Interest u/s 234B and 234C along with 234A

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags