pls help...confusion relating to efiling new norms...

kaustubh (CA, CS , CFM) (293 Points)

26 June 2009  

the inefficiency and confusion created by the income tax dept. goes on increasing evry year...

the latest being the new rules regarding efiling of IT Returns...

I have  the following queries regarding the new norms .if some one can help me solve the same , den i wud b very gr8ful...

1) Firstly, the dept. said that the new rules will be applicable wef asst.yr.09-10  and the acknowledgment (i.e ITR V) shud be sent to banglore...bt now on e- filing of returns for ay 08-09 too, they are sending mails that send the ITR-V to banglore evn for ay 08-09 and not accepting the same at local IT offices...

2) earlier, we used to get stamp of the dept. on the ITR-V as acknowledgment. Now wen it is sent to banglore, it is said that a mail will be sent to our email id that they have received the ITR-V...What if we dont get the mail due to some or the other reason??? will the email be considered as a valid acknowledgment for submission to banks,FI's at the tym of taking loan as that is the main criteria set by banks before granting loans..??? it should also be noted that the dept. has not specified any time limit within which they will email us the receipt of  ITR-V to us so that we can atleast be releived !!!!

3) By which mode shud ITR-V be sent to banglore ??? by post, courier, certificate of posting, registered AD ?? N can i send ITR-V of 4-5 clients in one envelope or do i need to send each ITR-V Separately ???

4) It is said that UTN Number should be quoted in the TDS Details in the ITR Forms for taking credit...it is observed that if manual submission of return is made at the dept. , they are NOT accepting the return if UTN Number is not specified...But its surprising to see that a return can be e-filed successfully even if v dont specify the UTN Number and jus leave it blank...How can there be so much of inconsistency within the dept. ??? N suppose if i file a return without specifying the UTN Number, will i get credit for the TDS Later at the time of assessment or will the dept. create some problems later ??

5) N the UTN Number which they are talking about is still not uploaded by the NSDL  on its site wen it is jus over1 month left for the july due date...as per talks with NSDL, they are saying that their software for uploading UTN is alread in place but the CBDT has still not given them orders to execute the same and it will be uploaded by 1st july...

does that mean, we ppl shud not file any returns of our clients for the next ten days ??????

These are FEW of my queries regarding the new rules of CBDT...I dont think any 1 will be having a clear cut picture about thethese norms because evry1 is facing the problems with the current system and ppl are forced to keep their retun unfiled..if any 1 has any solution, den pls help me...

IF there is no solution , den frnds, i request u all  to write ur problems and send an email to the dept. at  " ask @ incometaxindia.gov.in "  so that their mail box is floooded with our queries and the problem gets solved asap....

they do harrass the assessee at the tym of assessment ..but look at their performance and mode of functioning....!!!!!!!

we should take some steps now....