Please help!!!! i had been issued duplicate pan card

Lakshay (Proprieter) (1 Points)

09 October 2017  

Please help!!!!!.  I am in cricital situation.

I am from New Delhi. I had been issued duplicate pan card in 2006 from AMBALA Authority while I had applied in delhi itself.  I just came to know about this 4 months back when the first owner of the same PAN card emailed to income tax departement that someone {.i.e ME} is filing return files on his PAN CARD and he is unable to file income tax returns. Income tax department then forwarded that email to me.  The first person has been using this pan card since 2002.

I was shocked to know that I had been issued pan card from AMBALA Authority and not from DELHI authority. First applicant name is same as mine.

It has been around 10 yrs since I am using this PAN card and I don't file returns on regular basis. I might have filed ITR for 4-5 yrs within the period of 10 yrs. My income is 5-8 LPA.

I know I may be in danger zone due to non filing of ITR files regularly.

Please help me what should I do?

- Should I surrendar this pan card and have a new one and update the new one in all my bank accounts?
- Should I close all my bank accounts related with that duplicate PAN Card and use my wife a/c in future?

Quick reply will help me a lot as I want to resolve this issue asap.

Thank you.