Income tax return setting off losses of business in salary

Hi,

I am a salaried employee. I did business which incurred expenses of Rs. 17,00,00/- in the last year and I sold that business for 14,00,000/- . So the net loss is 17L minus 14L = Rs.3,00,000/-  Now, I am not pursuing that business any more.

Now,   Tds deducted in my salary was Rs.1,23,000/- last year. Can I set off this losses of Rs. 3L in the TDS and file the Refund return.  Please suggest what should be done to adjust this loss.

Here, I know that business losses can be set off only with business income but as am not continuing that business anymore can set off this losses with salary income ?

 

Thanks in Advance

jafer

Replies (1)

Business loss can be set off against any income except salary. U can c/f the loss for 8 assessment years provided u have filed the return in time.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details