High transaction mail from incometax on saving account interest

I have received mail from income tax regarding high transaction on saving account interest. (1) Instantly I logged into complaince portal and found that yes I need to pay the amount, I said yes there 2) on 1-apr, i paid the same extra amount to the tax dept. 3) Now what should I do , is there any action on me because the ITR which i submitted in DEC doesn't have this amount which I paid on 01-Apr-2021 (challan). Pls guide
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
If you've received a notice from the Income Tax department regarding high transaction amounts on your savings account interest, you need to take action. The department requires you to either file a revised Income Tax Return (ITR) to include the previously omitted income or respond directly on the compliance portal. It's crucial to address this to avoid further issues.

The department has asked  to either file a revised ITR  or reply to the query on the compliance portal ...so that's it.

In response to the high value transaction intimation by Income Tax, the course of action is to file a Revised Return considering all incomes which were not included earlier and also responding to the line items in Compliance Portal. You will get a mail from Income Tax once your Revised Return is processed from their end along with the intimation order.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details