GST RATE ON TEXTILE SALE AND ITS STITCHING

Pawan Gulati (1 Points)

26 November 2020  

Respected members,

I am trader dealing in sale of clothes( non readymade garments) i.e textiles. Gst rate on textile is 5%.

5 out of 10 customers are now demands from us to get those textiles to be stitched as well. Therefore we hired a tailor on contract basis who charged us fee per customer per piece. And we charge the customer cumulative amount of cloth and its stitching. The tailor we hired has its own business premises and its own customers but he is unregistered under Gst. 

I have the following questions regarding the outward taxable supply:

1: Does stitching of clothes from that tailor amounts to manufacture or Job work?

2. My consultant told me to Charge 12% instead of 5 % as we are selling final product i.e coat, pant, shirt, trousers. ( provided rate per peice is above 1000).

3. Can i mentioned " sale of fabric " and "stitching charges" is the same amount and charge 5% on both as both are under 5 % rate or i have to mention " sale of coat pant, trousers, shirts, etc" in my invoice?

4. We also sell textiles only. We only provide stitching services to only that customers who demands. Is it a artificial composite supply?

Could you please help me out in finding the right and legitimate way of generating invoices?

Waiting for valuable response from all respected members.

Thank you