Filtering merged cell in excel

Hi..,

I Need to Filter Columns Of Merged Cells so that all related rows can be viewed. Is this possible..

Thanks in advance

Ankit

Replies (10)

Not possible to filter merged cells. Unmerge it do it.

Instead you can remove merge & try the below

Select the cells which you want to merge

Go to format cells-->Alignment-->Horizontal--> Select option Center across selection.

This serves the same purpose of merge cells but without above limitation.

very good technique shruthi

I cant understand your problem. Please sent the attached file. I will give the answer.... if i can..

Hi Naoufal..

Attached please find the sample file.

Thanks

Ankit

thanks for the file.

Am really sorry. i dont have any idea for filtering. If your data is small. You can fill color in merged cell. ans filter by color

Thanks for your time..anyway I got solution for my problem.

will you please publish the solution...

Here what I tried is that I inserted one coloumn before the coloumn in which the merged datas are. Then applied the formula "=IF(B2="",A1,B2)" and copied it till the end and merged the heading of the new coloumn and the other one. Now all the corresponding rows to the merged cell can be viewed. Sample file of the same is attached herewith for your kind reference.

good idea....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details