Easy Office

depreciation rates

Page no : 5

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 14 July 2011

Originally posted by : laxmikant

Hello Friends

i am newly suscriber for this good website........ so i need some information about depreciation on

1.Moter Car

2.TV And AC

3.Computer and laptop

depriciation available strictly against business income 

motor car @ 15%

TV & AC 15%

computer & Laptop 60%

VIKAS SRIVASTAVA (CA- FINAL) (90 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Originally posted by : soni
I want to know rates of Depreciation as per income tax act & indian company act. What is the main difference between income tax act & indian company act.
I want to know, we always add dep (as per company act) in PGBP and less dep (as per income tax act)in PGBP.
Please guide me

THE ALLOWANCE OF DEP IN TAX IS FOLLOWED BY DEP RATES AS PER IT ACT , WHILE U ALREADY HAD CHARGED DEP OF CO. ACT RATES;

HENSE WE FIRST ADD BACK DEP OF CO. ACT RATES TO DISALLOW IT AND LESS DEP OF IT ACT. TO CALC TAXABLE INCOME.

VIKAS SRIVASTAVA (CA- FINAL) (90 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Originally posted by : soni
I want to know rates of Depreciation as per income tax act & indian company act. What is the main difference between income tax act & indian company act.
I want to know, we always add dep (as per company act) in PGBP and less dep (as per income tax act)in PGBP.
Please guide me

THE ALLOWANCE OF DEP IN TAX IS FOLLOWED BY DEP RATES AS PER IT ACT , WHILE U ALREADY HAD CHARGED DEP OF CO. ACT RATES;

HENSE WE FIRST ADD BACK DEP OF CO. ACT RATES TO DISALLOW IT AND LESS DEP OF IT ACT. TO CALC TAXABLE INCOME.

Ajay kumar reddy (Article trainee) (28 Points)
Replied 20 December 2012

If furniture and other fixed assets are purchased after incorporation but before commencement of business...can we claim depreciation on such furniture and if yes how to treat this dep. in the books of accounts after commencement???

CA Rajnik Galani (prctice) (154 Points)
Replied 20 December 2012

Depreciation on furniture calculate at 10%

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: