Demat query

Chidambaram (Asst Professor) (29 Points)

16 May 2012  



Kindly clarrify me regarding the following query: My father is having some shares on a company in physical form at his individual status/capacity. Basically he is a KARTA for HUF.


Recently he attempted to demat the above holding (lying at his individual capacity) in a demat account held at HUF capacity. The RTA of that company rejected the request by assigning the reason - the difference in capacitiy.

Kindly sugggest me what he is supposed to do to demat all those shares?

Thanks in advance.



N. Chidambaram