Share on Email

Share More

Composition Scheme

mvramana (Student)     07 April 2020

mvramana
Student 
 12 likes  268 points

| My Other Post

A hotel supplying food tied up with swiggy/zomoto (e-commerce operator) apart from its regular business.

Whether the hotel call opt composition scheme under GST?

Please clarify

avater

Shivam RC (Student)     08 April 2020

Shivam RC
Student 
 2123 likes  16924 points

View Profile | My Other Post

No, he is not eligible to opt for Composition Scheme.

As per Restrictions & Conditions laid down in the Provision of Section 10(2) of the CGST Act 2017 read with Rule 5 of the CGST Rules 2017, A person who supplies his goods/services through an e-commerce operator cannot opt to pay tax under the Provision of Section 10 i.e. Composition Scheme.

2 Like
avater

mvramana (Student)     08 April 2020

mvramana
Student 
 12 likes  268 points

Composite Dealer as per Sec.10(2)(d) is not engaged in making any supply of goods through an electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax at source under section 52.
Sec.52 applies only where the consideration is collectec by the e-commerce operator.

In the above case, assume that swiggy/zomoto is not collecting the consideration and the hotel is only taking the consideration amount and paying the commission amount to the operator.

In this scenario, can the hotel continue u/s 10?

Thank you

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     08 April 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3342 likes  45127 points

Yes you are correct .
The composit dealer cannot supply through the e-commerce who are collecting TCS & If Zomoto/swiggy are not collecting TCS then you can supply through them .

1 Like

Rajkumar Patel   08 April 2020

Rajkumar Patel

14 likes  248 points

110% You can opt composition scheme because section 10(2)(b) restrict to only supply of goods through e-commers and not to services providers

avater

NAVEEN CHAND (Just keep going. You never know how far you can go.)     08 April 2020

NAVEEN CHAND
Just keep going. You never know how far you can go. 
 875 likes  12407 points

if a composition dealer make any supply through e-commerce operator (in your case swiggy etc) then such person is not eligible for composition scheme .

1 Like
avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     08 April 2020

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 8290 likes  113446 points

Yes.... I agreed to Mr Shivam RC, Mr Pankaj Rawat Ji and Mr Naveen chand reply...

If A GST Taxpayer supply his goods through E-commerce then he is not eligible to Composition Scheme...

Rajkumar Patel   08 April 2020

Rajkumar Patel

14 likes  248 points

Supply of food by hotel or restaurant is considered as supply os services under schedule 2

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     08 April 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3342 likes  45127 points

I fully agree with Mr. Rajkumar Patel.
He cannot supply Goods on behalf of E-commerce but the Restaurant services falls under Supply of services but subject to conditions that he not registered as Composition dealer under NN 2/2019 CT(R)

So in Short if he his registered under composit scheme under Section 10(1) can supply on behalf of Swiggy but subject to condition that such E-commerce is not collecting TCS.

1 Like
avater

mvramana (Student)     08 April 2020

mvramana
Student 
 12 likes  268 points

Sec.10(2)(d) talks about only goods whereas supply of food as service under Sch 2 Para 6(b).

Further Sec.52 will play only where consideration is collected by e-commerce operator and he is supposed to do TCS.

However, as per Budget 2020, the term ".......supply of goods or services or both" was inserted in place of "..... supply of goods" in sec.10(2).

Thank you all for sharing your views 🙏

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
career
law
aatmanirbhar bharat
gst
custom