Cash Deposit Rule for joint account if 1st A/c holder having PAN and 2nd A/c Holder having Form 60

Sir, 

I have a joint account with Bank. I am first account holder and my wife is 2nd account holder. I submitted my PAN card copy to bank and My wife don't have a PAN so Bank took Form 60 of her. 

When I went to deposit Rs. 100000/- in my account bank ask me for PAN 60 due to my wife does not have PAN card. 

I want to ask that if I have a PAN why bank asking me for Form 60 of my wife for Joint Account for cash transaction above 50000/-

Replies (1)

Banks just needs to take records of PAN of the person who is depositing the money in a Bank Account for greater than Rs. 50,000/- regardless of whether the Accounts Holders does have a PAN or not. The PAN is required from the depositor only and not for Account Holders if the depositor and Account Holders are different. Anybody can deposit any amount with his/her PAN Details in any Bank Account.

 

Post a formal complaint with the Bank and if the same is not resolved with due time you can move to Banking Ombudsman.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details