Easy Office
LCI Learning

(urgent help) short filed gst - how to correct it ?

Page no : 2

Rahul (Proprietor) (48 Points)
Replied 12 September 2018

Sir, my customers missed some invoices of aug and sept 17-18 sales and purchases shall i add that invoices in sept gstr1? And claim or set off that in 3b? Pls help

pr br (319 Points)

Originally posted by : RAJA P M
When You raised the Invoice for the above-said details. Take its next return due date and calculate interest for the amount of 540*18%p.a and pay it in current GSTR 3B return. Your will be solved. If Prepare debit note then You just file it in current return only and it's can't reflect py...

the client explicitly mentioned "The client specifically mentioned, "The balance amount should be adjusted for last financial year 2017-2018 ".

so should not I go for debit note in this case ???

Sir, my customers missed some invoices of aug and sept 17-18 sales and purchases shall i add that invoices in sept gstr1? And claim or set off that in 3b? Pls help

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127549 Points)
Replied 13 September 2018

@ Mr pr br.,

You just go to amend Your required details in Your next GSTR 1 return. It's better to any other preparation as per Your customers need.
1 Like

Raja sir I'm not yet prepared 3b for those bills also shall i add that values of output and input in next filing?

Yes... You can with interest based on invoice date.

pr br (319 Points)

@ Mr pr br., You just go to amend

I have not filed Aug 2018 GSTR1 return yet, the due date has also been extended. but anyway as per client requirement I am going to file the GSTR1 by tomorrow only. 

As @ Raja P M suggested I added this invoice to my current Aug GSTR-1 9a table yesterday night . 

but still it is not in summary table . When I check Table 9A (Amended B2B Invoices - Summary ), it is showing under processed invoices but 9A table showing ZERO . I could not get what is the problem , why is it not showing in 9A ? 

please guide. 

Do I need to modify table 13 (currently It has 1 document issued) should I add this amended invoice ?

Yeppaa Saami.,

Wait on its update. Portal is just will update details, So wait and try to generate "GSTR 1 SUMMARY" later...
1 Like

pr br (319 Points)

I really really appreciate help provided by Mr. Raja  P M . 

If he did not answer this topic, I would not have been able to fullfill what my client is asking me . thanks a lot . Your replies are really helpful for all. 

on this context, I am sharing my experience, I visited many CAs firms in my city yesterday to ask them what can be done in this situation. Most of them really confused and said they are inexperienced in GST things. then I came to caclubindia forum and created this topic . and see my problem is going to be resolved soon by replies from wonderful experienced people here . Thank you Mr. Raja Sir and others . Thanks 

1 Like

pr br (319 Points)

Yeppaa Saami., Wait on its update. Portal is just will update details, So wait and try to generate "GSTR 1 SUMMARY" later...

Thank you sir. Just one question, besides 9A, do I need to change any other table in GSTR-1 ? I have not touched any other table except adding 2 amended invoices, yes I added 2 invoices in 9A . changing taxable value in amended  invoices  increase GST liability , so is there any column in GSTR-1 to show pending GST liability ? I just want to know if any other table I need to check in GSTR-1 if I amended FY 2017-18 invoices.

pr br (319 Points)

How to pay the amended invoice pending GST?

Balance GST to be paid for amended invoices is 540.

AUG-18 invoice has GST 27000 and taxable value is 150000

I am going to file GSTR-1 and 3B of Aug.

For GSTR 3B it has 3 tables ----- 3.1, 5.1 and 7.

so in table 3.1 ..I should add Total taxable value = 150000 + 3000 (amended invoice)  , is this correct ??

and GST should 27000 (Aug GST) + 540(GST of 3000 amended invoices) , Right ??

please let me know if I am calculating it wrong.

pr br (319 Points)

After that send to the Changed invoice to Your client.

if I send a changed invoice.

Will it cause any problem in reconciling this month filing of client and mine? 

see this month I had to show taxable value = 150000 and  GST as 27000

so in order to add this amended past invoice, my taxable value would increase to be 150000+3000 and GST would be 27000 +540 for this month . Will this bring any problem ? because FEE 3000 is not for this month .....it was for past month. 

pr br (319 Points)

When You raised the Invoice.Take its next return due date and calculate interest for the amount of 540*18%

so if the invoice is for NOV 2017 (it has November month date on it)

so I should calculate interest from 20.December.2017  to 14.Sept 2018 ( 268 days)?

Interest =  540*18/365*268 , is this correct calculation ?

@ Mr pr br.,

Thank You for the feedback.
&
All the credits to CCI for Providing the platform and Our CCI experts Mr Dhirajlal Rambhia Sir, Mr R CA SEETHARAMAN Sir, Mr CA Amol S Joglekar Sir and Mr CA Chackrapani Warrier Sir and Many Others...

1. Yes... You can show the details in GSTR 3B with Interest as per Your above said view...

2. No need to touch any other table in GSTR 1 return.

3. Yes... Your interest calculation is exactly Correct (540 * 18% / 365 * 268 (As per no of delayed days).

4. No more problems if You are pay the balance/amended liability in Your current GST Returns.

5. Nothing to worry. The amended details only in 9A. It's not reflect any other tables. In August details already shown in other tables like B2B and B2C...

GOOD LUCK DEAR...
GREAT DAY AHEAD YOU...

YOU WANT ANY DETAILS (ABOUT TAXATION) THEN ASK YOUR QUERY IN CCI PORTAL. CCI HAVE MANY MORE EXPERTS THEY WILL GIVE EXACT SOLUTION TO YOUR QUERY...
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
1 Like

pr br (319 Points)

Thanks a lot  sir. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: