Accounts,Purchase,Billing,Cash and Bank BRS,PF,ESIC,Gratuity,P Tax,TDS,Service Tax,VAT,Payments,Payroll,Payroll Processing,PF Act,Gratuity Act,ESI Act,Salary Processing,Recruitment,Performance Appraisal,Recruitment Management,Induction,Selection
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises the staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and the firm’s Senior Management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
Assist the Controller/ GM Finance in the daily/periodic banking & fund raising requirements.
Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions, closely & efficiently monitor / streamline daily treasury activities
Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
Ensures budget and forecasting activities of all operating units of the group
Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
Responds to inquiries from the Director of / GM Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
Front-end with the Controller/GM Finance to ensure a clean and timely yearend audit.
Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
Ensures that MIS of FP&A is / are organized into proper files (both hard and electronic) for efficient administration and management decision making
Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Support Controller / GM Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements
Day to day Operational Responsibilities
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
• month and qtr / half year /end-year process
• accounts payable/receivable
• cash receipts
• general ledger
• payroll and utilities
• treasury, budgeting
• cash forecasting
• revenue and expenditure variance analysis
• capital assets reconciliations
• trust account statement reconciliations,
• check runs
• fixed asset activity
• debt activity
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Coordinate and complete annual audits
• Provide recommendations
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
• Meet financial accounting objectives
• Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
• Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy
• Set up and monitor accounting KPIs
• Regularly produce financial reports or statements
• Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Encourage other employees to adhere to company standards.