About this Course
- Detailed understanding of GST Provisions with Practical Case Studies
- Analysis of open and burning issues in GST
- Preparation and filing of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C – Table wise
- Divergent Judgements and Case studies from different Advance Ruling Authorities / HC
- Exclusive Sessions for Questions and Answers
- Understanding of all Recent Amendments and Implications
GST Course Content
You will learn GST with Bimal Jain who is one of the most sought-after GST knowledge & thought leaders in the country with more than 24 years of experience in Indirect Taxation & GST. Through these live web series, you will be able to learn all the basics to advance concepts and prepare yourself for the latest GST updates.
1: Levy & Supply under GST
- Scope of Supply under GST
- Levy and Collection (FCM & RCM) and Exemptions
- Composite and Mixed Supply
- Inter-State & Intra State
- Notifications of Rates (1/2017, 2/2017, 4/2017, 11/2017, 12/2017, 13/2017) etc
2: Taxable Person & Registration, Threshold limits, etc.
- Threshold limits for GST Registration
- Compulsory registration
- Distinct Person, Related Person – Discussion and Case Studies with Schedule I of CGST Act, 2017
- Provisions for registration under GST
3: Time and Value of Supply
- Time of Supply provisions for Goods
- Time of Supply provisions for Services
- Valuation of Goods and Services
4: Input Tax Credit
- Discussions on Section – 16,17, 18, 19 of CGST Act, 2017
- Availment of Input Tax Credit
- Utilization of Input Tax Credit
- Concept of Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Reversal of Common credit
- Transitional arrangements of ITC and Miscellaneous transitional provisions
5: Place of Supply for Goods or Services
- Intra- State vs. Inter-State Supplies
- Place of Supply for Goods
- Place of Supply for Services
- Place of Supply for Export and Import of Services
6: Zero-rated Supply (including Refund)
- Supplies to SEZ, Export, Deemed Export
- Refund of IGST or ITC in case of Export
- Meaning of Zero-rated supply under GST.
- Treatment of export transactions.
7: Tax Invoice, Introduction of E-Invoicing under GST, and Job Work
- Tax Invoice under GST
- Concept of Credit and Debit Note
- Accounts and Records under GST
- Concept of Payment, Refund Vouchers, Payment Vouchers, Receipt Vouchers, etc
- E-Invoicing Under GST.
- Job Work Procedure
8: Existing Return and New GST Return System under GST & E- Way Bill
- Form GSTR-1, GSTR-3B, GSTR-5, GSTR-6, GSTR-7 (Including NRTP, Normal Taxpayer, ISD, Casual Taxpayer, TDS)
- Monthly, Quarterly, and other compliances of GST.
- New Return System: RET-1, RET-2, and RET-3 with GST ANX-1 and ANX-2
- Provisions and applicability of E-way bills
- Blockage of E-way Bills
9: Clause by Clause filing of GST Annual Return (Form GSTR-9)
- Preparation of Form GSTR-9 and GSTR-9A – Table wise discussion
- How to File GSTR-9 and GSTR-9A
- Compilation of data for GST Annual return
10: Clause by Clause filing of GST Audit Report (Form GSTR-9C)
- Preparation of GSTR-9C – Table wise discussion
- Compiling data for the reconciliation part of GSTR-9C.
- How to File GSTR-9C
- Conducting a GST audit and Drafting GST Audit Report.
11: Inspection, Search, Seizure, and Arrest under GST
- Power of Inspection, search, and Seizure
- Power to arrest under GST
- Power to summon under GST
- Inspection of documents
12: Advance Ruling under GST
- Authority of Advance Ruling
- Application and process of advance ruling
- An appeal under Advance Ruling
- Order under Advance Ruling and its binding
- Appeal to National Advance Ruling Authority and its order etc
- Power of authority under Advance Ruling
- Recent Judgement/Case Laws of AAR.
13: Appeal, Revision, Offence & Penalty in GST
- Appeal and procedure to Appellate Authority
- Power of Appellate Authority
- Order of Appellate Authority
- Appeal, Procedure to High Court and Supreme Court
- Power to impose penalties under GST
- Recent Judgement/Case Laws of Appellate Provisions.
14: Questions and Answers Questions related to the following Topics:
- Levy & Supply under GST
- Taxable Person & Registration, Threshold limits, etc.
- Time and Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Place of Supply for Goods or Services
- Zero-rated Supply (including Refund).
15: Questions and Answers
- Questions related to the following Topics:
- Tax Invoice, Introduction of E-Invoicing under GST and Job Work
- Existing Return and New GST Return System under GST & E-Way Bill
- GST Annual Return (GSTR-9)
- GST Audit Report (GSTR-9C) and Job Work
- Inspection, Search, Seizure and Arrest under GST
- Advance Ruling under GST
- Appeal, Revision, Offence & Penalty in GST
16.Intricacies in Supply, Deemed Supply, Cross Charge vs. ISD, Valuation, etc
17. Intricacies in Time of Supply and GST ITC with Q&A.
18. Overview & Intricacies of in Place of Supply for Goods and Services with Q&A.
Bimal Jain, He is a Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India since May 1994 and Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India since December 2006 along with a Bachelor’s degree in Law.
He has more than 24 years of experience in Indirect Taxation and specializes in all aspects of Service Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT)/ Central Sales Tax (CST), Central Excise, Customs, Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Export Oriented Unit (EOU), Export-Import Laws and well acquainted with the concept and impact of Goods and Services tax (GST).
He has blend of Industry and Consulting experience in renowned Companies viz. LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd, Honda Motorcycle Scooters India Pvt. Ltd, Hindustan Development Corporation Ltd, Khaitan & Company and presently he is the Executive Director of A2Z Taxcorp LLP – a boutique Indirect Tax firm.
- He has hands-on experience in providing opinion & advisory services, carrying out diagnostic review of business operations, process review, structuring of business model, undertaking litigation services at all appropriate forum including High Court, CESTAT, representation before the TRU/ CBEC/ DGFT, etc. for various matters concerning to trade, industry and commerce
- He is also a writer of 5 editions of GST book.
- Mentor of Indirect Tax Committee of PHD Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Corporate Advisory Committee of IPEM Group of Institutions
- Member of Indirect Tax Committee of ASSOCHAM/ FICCI
- Special invitee of Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI/ ICSI
- Member of eminent faculties in Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI/ ICSI/ ICMA
Awards & Recognitions:
- Keynote Speaker at Guinness World Record made by ICSI in “Largest Taxation Lesson” on GST, attended by 4500+ Participants, breaking the earlier record of Japan
- Business Leader Award from Amity School, Noida
- Best Speaker Award from NIRC- ICAI/ ICWAI
- Young Achievers Award at Igniting Minds, 2015
- Best Participant Award in MSOP- 117th Batch by ICSI.
- Total Length of Videos: 60 Hrs
- Expiry: 2 months or 100 Hrs
- Videos are meant for web viewing only and cannot be downloaded. Videos are available in Full Screen viewing
- Course/Subject purchased once cannot be cancelled.