About the Book
This GST book extensively covers in-depth analyses of CGST, SGST, IGST, UTGST and GST Compensation Cess Laws along with the Rules, Notifications, Circulars and Clarifications issued thereunder and comprehensively discusses all the key GST provisions along with challenges and way forward suggestions, in commentary as well as tabular/pictorial formats with multiple practical case studies and examples. This book provides an insight to the readers for ensuring proper understanding as Good and Simple tax and can be used by professionals, corporates, regulators, govt. authorities, etc., for easy and immediate reference.
Highlights of Volume I
Highlights of Volume II
Detailed commentary on various domains of GST (law & provisions) viz. supply of goods or services - intra-state and inter-state, principles of place of supply & time of supply, taxable person, reverse charge, exports and imports, job work, TDS, TCS, appeals and revision, demand and recovery, search & seizure, arrests, offences, penalties, etc., with practical case studies and illustrations & FAQs for conceptual clarity
- Discussion on all updated provisions and rules along with various notifications, circulars, clarifications, etc. as on date including all the latest notifications/circulars issued and decisions of GST Council meeting(s) held in October 2020
- Analytical discussion on all important advance rulings & GST judgments and their likely effect on businesses along with suggesting key precautions
- Discussion on settled legal jurisprudence of pre-GST era holding importance in GST regime
- Effective takeaways and action plan for smooth sailing in GST with suggestions
Highlights of Volume III
Detailed discussion and tabular presentation of all procedural requirements viz. registration, payment, invoice, returns and refund, e-way bill, transitional provisions along with discussing the new e-invoicing system, with modified version of existing return system along with relevant forms & their due dates and with practical case studies, illustrations & FAQs for conceptual clarity
- Gist of all updated provisions and rules along with various notifications, circulars, clarifications, etc. as on date including all the latest notifications/circulars issued and decisions of GST Council meeting(s) held in October 2020
- Manual for GST Rate schedule for goods and services updated as on date
- Manual for Exemptions of goods and services in GST updated as on date
- How to file Annual Return (Form GSTR-9) and Reconciliation statement (Form GSTR-9C) as per revised formats for FY 2018-19 and onwards and key precautions required
- Discussion and guidance on how ‘e-invoicing’ effective from 01.10.2020 (with relaxation for October month) and ‘QR Code’ effective from 01.12.2020, is going to transform business operations of both suppliers & recipients
- Discussion on modified version of existing GST return system in lieu of new GST return system
Scratch the Coupon Code given in the Book to download the following
Constitution (101st Amendment) Act, 2016
- CGST, UTGST, IGST and Compensation Cess Acts, 2017 as amended vide the Amendment Acts, 2018, Finance (No. 2) Act, 2019 and Finance Act, 2020 [Updated as on date]
- Updated CGST, IGST, UTGST and GST Compensation Cess Rules, 2017 as on date
- Updated Gist of all Notifications – Tariff and Non-Tariff as on date
- Updated Gist of all Circulars and Orders as on date
- Index of all Press Releases as on date
- Index of all Forms along with their utility under GST
- Includes all the latest notifications/circulars issued and decisions of GST Council meeting(s) held in October 2020
Key Features of the Book
Complete Updated Notifications – Tariff and Non-Tariff as on date
- Complete Updated Circulars and Orders as on date
- Complete Press Releases as on date
- All Forms along with their utility under GST
- Includes all the latest notifications/circulars issued in October 2020
- Screenshots of Modified GST Return Procedures
- Available functionalities for taxpayers on the GST Portal (updated as on date)
Detailed commentary on CGST, SGST, IGST, UTGST and GST Compensation Cess Laws along with the Rules made there under to encapsulate the provisions for easy digest.
- Discussion on various domains – viz. supply of goods or services – intra-state and inter-state, principles of place of supply & time of supply, taxable person, reverse charge, exports and imports, job work, GST rates, TDS, TCS, e-way bill, transitional provisions, appeals and revision, demand and recovery, search & seizure, arrests, offences, penalties, etc.
- In-depth analyses of meaning and scope of term ‘supply’ with multiple case studies and likely issues with way forward suggestions.
- Detailed discussion on meaning of taxable persons, liability to be registered, exclusion and compulsory registration.
- Analyses and discussion on flow of input tax credit in GST with multiple examples.
- Deliberation on principles of time of supply and place of supply with multiple examples and practical illustrations for conceptual clarity.
- Case studies for bringing clarity on various aspects of ‘valuation’ – transaction value, related party transactions, valuation in case of stock transfers, cross charge, etc.
- Analyses of Exports and Imports of goods or services and supplies to or by SEZ units/developers in GST along with documentation required vis-a-vis refund mechanism.
- Flowcharts on various rules and procedural aspects of GST – registration, payment, invoice, returns and refund along with discussing the new e-invoicing system, with modified version of existing return system.
- Discussion and guidance on how ‘e-invoicing’ effective from 01.10.2020 (with relaxation for October month) and ‘QR Code ‘effective from 01.12.2020, is going to transform business operations of both suppliers & recipients.
- Elaborated analyses of various provisions for assessment & audit, demands & recovery and offences & penalties, search, seizure, arrests along with procedural flowcharts for appeals & revision and advance ruling.
- Analytical discussion on all important advance rulings and its likely effect on businesses along with suggesting key precautions.
- How to file Annual Return (Form GSTR-9) and Reconciliation statement (Form GSTR-9C) as per revised formats and key precautions required.
- All updated provisions and rules along with various notifications, circulars, clarifications, etc., as on date.
- Topic wise bifurcation of all departmental clarifications, CBIC FAQs as updated, press releases, circulars, orders, e-fliers, etc. As on date, for easy reference and understanding view point of government on various aspects of GST.
- Includes implications of all the latest notifications/circulars issued; and decisions of GST Council meeting(s) held in October 2020
Title of Book:
GST Law and Commentary – with Analysis and Procedures
Edition of Book:
Detailed Analysis of all three volumes of GST Book Click Here
, He is a Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India since May 1994 and Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India since December 2006 along with a Bachelor’s degree in Law.
He has more than 24 years of experience in Indirect Taxation and specializes in all aspects of Service Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT)/ Central Sales Tax (CST), Central Excise, Customs, Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Export Oriented Unit (EOU), Export-Import Laws and well acquainted with the concept and impact of Goods and Services tax (GST).
He has blend of Industry and Consulting experience in renowned Companies viz. LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd, Honda Motorcycle Scooters India Pvt. Ltd, Hindustan Development Corporation Ltd, Khaitan & Company and presently he is the Executive Director of A2Z Taxcorp LLP – a boutique Indirect Tax firm.
He has hands-on experience in providing opinion & advisory services, carrying out diagnostic review of business operations, process review, structuring of business model, undertaking litigation services at all appropriate forum including High Court, CESTAT, representation before the TRU/ CBEC/ DGFT, etc. for various matters concerning to trade, industry and commerce
He is also a writer of 5 editions of GST book.
Awards & Recognitions:
Mentor of Indirect Tax Committee of PHD Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Corporate Advisory Committee of IPEM Group of Institutions
- Member of Indirect Tax Committee of ASSOCHAM/ FICCI
- Special invitee of Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI/ ICSI
- Member of eminent faculties in Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI/ ICSI/ ICMA
Keynote Speaker at Guinness World Record made by ICSI in “Largest Taxation Lesson” on GST, attended by 4500+ Participants, breaking the earlier record of Japan
- Business Leader Award from Amity School, Noida
- Best Speaker Award from NIRC- ICAI/ ICWAI
- Young Achievers Award at Igniting Minds, 2015
- Best Participant Award in MSOP- 117th Batch by ICSI.
– ACS, LLB, B.Com (Hons.) with more than 7 years of experience in indirect taxation,
Isha, qualified as a Company Secretary and LLB, after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Hons.) from University of Delhi in 2008. She worked as an intern with DLF group looking after company secretarial and legal matters before moving to indirect taxation for which she had interest and flair.
Thereafter, she joined A2Z Taxcorp LLP and is presently working as Partner, providing legal and advisory services to various multinational companies in the areas of GST, Excise, Customs, VAT, Service tax, anti-dumping duty, foreign trade policy, etc. Her in-depth knowledge, drive and strategic insights have contributed immensely to the organizations she has worked with.
Isha has done extensive study on GST in India and has been following all the developments in the rollout of GST by the Indian Government. GST is therefore one of her core competency areas along with other indirect tax laws. She is also delivering seminars on GST at various prestigious platforms viz. ICAI, ICSI, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry. She has co-authored various books on GST.
If you have any further query feel free to call us at 011-411-70713.