Easy Office
LCI Learning

Less marks in audit. is it Intentional by ICAI?

Page no : 3

ASHLY ANSALAM (CA FINAL (1st group cleared) & ACCA STUDENT)   (116 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

For CPA Exam, the pass percentage is 40%, but for Indian CA, the pass percentage is only below 10%. But the fact is that the CPA is recognised in the whole world than Indian CA

himanshu mani (him) (92 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Institute me iski complain ki jani chaiye

himanshu mani (him) (92 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Institute me iski complain ki jani chaiye

Maithili (1) (476 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Yes even i feel the same...Got only 42 in Audit despite writing gor 84 marks

I had even given the relevant SA,AS & Section no.s (as applicable) in each and evry question attempted

madhu (CA FINAL) (190 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Friends Lets complain in the institute . If all of us raise voice...then might be some action will be taken. Marks has been intentionally deducted in Audit. This is not correct. Everyone cannot land up at 35-40  marks

Akshay (CA FINAL) (47 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

I got 52 in audit

Ghanshyam (mumbai) (33 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Same I scored 38 and failed only because of it😴😴

ruchi sharma (student) (122 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

I think we should make a watsapp group where we can unite n collectively do something against institute.

Rhea (Student CA Final ) (633 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Something does seem fishy because most people have got 'rounded off' marks like 35, 40, 50 (this one is rare though).

I wrote very good answers and expected 50+ IN ANY CASE, but got 40. The only explanation is that I wrote wrong SA number (only the digit was wrong, SA name and content was totally correct) in some answers and examiner might have crossed the answer right away (which is not at all justified anyway).

The paper does not test actual abilities of the student at all. People who have done nothing but auditing for 3 years are failing the subject.

This is a sad situation where students don't even know where they are lacking and what is expected out of them. Only thing ICAI is concerned with is maintaining a low pass percentage and does not care to guide them in any way.

1 Like

(Guest)

i have doubt that This time (nov 2015 exam) ICAI has not even checked audit papers. Our answershhets are not have been awarded marks.

just arbitrarily marks were allotted/. 35 to 40 for all.

They will give same marks  if a student applies for certified copies.

Can it happen?

Ashok J (CA Final) (880 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

One of my frnds also got v less marks than expected. He applied for certified copy n was shocked to find out that even though he has written most ans same as in prac manl, full marks was not given. He wrote a letter to icai n questioned.....HONBLE ICAI replied prac manual ans is NOT the ultimate basis for valuation..... So shud v commit suicide now???? if we complain im sure they wil take action against us and not against errant valuators...they wil debar us frm course permanently

CA SAJID MEMON (PROFESSION) (37 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

How we proceed

CA SAJID MEMON (PROFESSION) (37 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

I think this is all time paas we r doing but this is time to teach lesson to paper checker who r cover by icai 

Studentsca (CA Practice ) (3577 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

9. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that the marks awarded on the answer books are different from the marks on my mark sheet? Why is it so?

In terms of Regulation 39(2) of the CA Regulations 1988, the Council of the Institute may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all the candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary, for maintaining the pass percentage provided in the regulations. The term “section” used in the above mentioned Regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council. Marks awarded on the answer books are the marks given by the examiner, based on the actual performance of the candidate. Marks given on the mark sheet include marks awarded in terms of Regulation 39(2) mentioned above.

This is written in the FAQ section on icaiexam.icai.org website of the Institute.

This is what has happened in the case of students who were expecting 55+, 60+ marks in subjects like audit and have got only around 35. I read this in the FAQ section on icaiexam.icai.org

Rhea (Student CA Final ) (633 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

Originally posted by : Studentsca
9. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that the marks awarded on the answer books are different from the marks on my mark sheet? Why is it so?

In terms of Regulation 39(2) of the CA Regulations 1988, the Council of the Institute may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all the candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary, for maintaining the pass percentage provided in the regulations. The term “section” used in the above mentioned Regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council. Marks awarded on the answer books are the marks given by the examiner, based on the actual performance of the candidate. Marks given on the mark sheet include marks awarded in terms of Regulation 39(2) mentioned above.

This is written in the FAQ section on icaiexam.icai.org website of the Institute.

This is what has happened in the case of students who were expecting 55+, 60+ marks in subjects like audit and have got only around 35. I read this in the FAQ section on icaiexam.icai.org

But there has to be SOME basis for that? Like slashing the marks obtained by 10% or so? Or can they just cross the 55 and make it 35? What the hell! If this is true, it is indeed time to jump off a cliff.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: