Easy Office
LCI Learning

Less marks in audit. is it Intentional by ICAI?

Page no : 5

Jitesh Lakhotia (Assistant Manager) (23 Points)
Replied 23 January 2016

Scaling done by institute

Nishant (Accounts Assistant) (378 Points)
Replied 23 January 2016

Even i feel so...

Replied 23 January 2016

I was expecting to score exemption in Audit...had quoted all relevant Sections in all answers...The marks i got was very very less than what i had expected

vicky (Article) (73 Points)
Replied 24 January 2016

I was expecting a minimum of 60 in SFM and 55 in audit. Got to see it as 44 and 38 when the result was announced. I feel results were slashed down to a certain percentage by deducting certain fixed marks from the audit paper thoroughly from all students.

Replied 24 January 2016

If slashing has indeed been done, then the guilty must be punished....It is very unfair to play with the career of students

CA Rakesh Roshan Nayak (CA ) (56 Points)
Replied 27 January 2016

Its ur expectations only, reality is much different from expectations. Institute do strict marking in paper where easy questions were asked (e.g.audit or accounts) n loose marking in dat paper where difficult questions were asked in d exam (e.g.law)

Replied 27 January 2016

Its ur expectations only, reality is much different from expectations. Institute do strict marking in paper where easy questions were asked (e.g.audit or accounts) n loose marking in dat paper where difficult questions were asked in d exam (e.g.law)

Replied 27 January 2016

ASHLY ANSALAM (CA FINAL (1st group cleared) & ACCA STUDENT)   (116 Points)
Replied 27 January 2016

Complaining to HRD MINISTRY is not a good idea. The BJP Party and ICAI are like brothers. Even when BJP was in opposition, ICAI and its most of the members used to support them.

Neelam (student) (22 Points)
Replied 28 January 2016

I got 34... I was sure to get 50

Neelam (student) (22 Points)
Replied 28 January 2016

I got 34... I was sure to get 50

(Guest)

frnds are you applying for verification and / or certified copies for audit or any other paper?

Mohammed Aizaz (Asst Manager) (71 Points)
Replied 28 January 2016

Ya I too agree with the same.I was expecting to clear both the groups but I have been given just 300 marks.Its very disturbing and not acceptable at all.I was expecting 80+ in Costing but gave me only 52.Not just this Auditibg and ISCA expecting 40-50 marks but got in 20s.Law was expecting around 60 but got 43 only.Rest of the subjects also below expectation.This is not the first time with me also the similar things in past.I have lost the confidence in Institute.Hence I have applied for certified answer sheets and also planning to take the matter ahead if huge variation in actual performance and marks awarded.Want a suggestion from u all how to raise our concern and resolve the matter.Thanks.
1 Like

asmita sharma (student) (52 Points)
Replied 29 January 2016

I'm applying for verification of certified copies of all four subjects of Group 1, though I was disappointed with audit alone. Guys, okay, lets assume for a moment that slashing is actually done, even in that case, why don't we aim for 80..?? let them slash a good 20% off, we'll still get a decent 64 in auditing. When 2,65,000 people can become CAs in this framework, why not we guys..! We'll be the ones to talk with a lot of pride, that we're CAs, once we qualify. we all are likely to update our facebook status too...lol. that's because it is a fact that the system isn't easy. why're you guys trying to make it easy? lets just prove ourselves that we can do it! cheers man! 

2 Like

Mohammed Aizaz (Asst Manager) (71 Points)
Replied 30 January 2016

Asmita , aiming 80 is not an issue at all.What if u get 80 and they slash it to 50?Further each one is not so good enough to score 80 in all subjects it can be targeted for few subjects in which one has a hold.Such a slashing means efforts are not rewarded but luck.If u r lucky enough then u can b thru even if u write 60 % perfect and a person who deserves 80% would be declared as fail.This system needs to be addressed and set right else lives would be at stake.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: