Home > Experts > Income Tax > TDS on supply of manpower

TDS on supply of manpower (Income Tax)

25 February 2008

One of my client is a outsourcing company wherein they supply manpower to corporate where the employee are on the payroll of my client in turn my client received the payment from the corporate. I would like in this case will it be covered under profession or contract for the purpose of TDS.

Madhusudhan BS

25 February 2008

As your client is not providing any professional services, he is engaged only in supply of manpower, it would be covered by Contact for the purpose of TDS ie us 194C

Samir

25 February 2008

How he needs to prepare billing?Is the below the correct way.

Cost for supply of 3 staff is xxxxxx or
Staff salary for the month of Jan is xxxxx or is there any other way

S.Srinivasaraghavan

25 February 2008

Normally these Man-power recruiting agency charge as a proportion of the Annual CTC of the employees the data-base of whom they have supplied. They describe it as services rendered in connection with recruitment of xxxxxxxxx.

MANAS ROUT

25 February 2008

see, this depend upon how you have raised the biil,and what kind of agreement they have in between your client and that other company, on what basis they are allowing their manpower to work with them.

if they are providing any professional or techinical service then it wiil be covered under 194 J OR if they are manpower supplying company it will comeunder 194C or otherwise as the case may be.

Samir

25 February 2008

But in this case manpower are on the payroll of my client who in turn raise the bill to the corporate.So is this will BEtreated under section 194C OR 194j

Devendra Mishra

25 February 2008

Here no proffessional service rendered, Hence under Contractor

CA Saurabh Maheshwari

25 February 2008

SINCE THEY ARE NOT PROVIDING ANY PROFESSIONAL OR TECHNICAL SERVICE AND THERE IS ONLY SUPPLY OF MANPOWER IT SEEMS TO BE CONTRACT AND THEREFORE TDS U/S 194C IS APPLICABLE(CONTRACT)

Sandeep Diwan

26 February 2008

TDS rate as applicable to contractor under section 194c will be applicable