Tds credit not reflecting in form 26as

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 July 2012

Dear Sir, With reference to the above subject I have a client of mine, a bank employee who has got his form 16 form the bank after deducting TDS applicable, but the same is not reflecting in his Form 26AS. So, is there any section or circular that says the amount which not reflecting in Form 26AS need not be paid by the tax payer while filing his income tax return.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

Amol S Joglekar (Expert)
16 July 2012

Assuming form 16 has the details of payment of TDS, you can proceed to file the ITR. Do not hesitate to file the same for want of MISMATCH in 26AS.

CA Manikandan.A.V (Expert)
16 July 2012

You can file your return, but ensure that the assesse must intimate this to the bank and ask for revision of returns by bank to avoid getting intimation form CPC.