Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Tax Slab : Non-Resident

Tax Slab : Non-Resident (Income Tax)

07 July 2011

What is the Tax slab for Non Resident Male, Female and Senior Citizen?

CA PARAS BAFNA

08 July 2011

Slab rates are applicable to all the assessees irrespective of their residential status.
However, the certain income of Non Residents bears special rates of taxes and such rates are provided in the respective sections applicable to them.

CA. Krishna K Neeraj

08 July 2011

With due regard to Paras Ji, applicable slab rate for NON-resident MALE, Female and Senior Citizen is as follows:

1)Income upto 160000 - NIL rate
2)Income >160000 BUT 500000 BUT 800000 - 94000+ 30%(Income -800000)

C A S.S.Agarwal, M.Com.,LL.B,

08 July 2011

I agree with Mr. Krishana with certain modification that if there is any DTA between the country where is is residing then the tax rebate at average % shall be deducted from the total tax liability provided the NR has paid taxes on the same income in his country.

CA PARAS BAFNA

08 July 2011

Thank you , K K for rectifying me. You are right, Sir.
The rates which Mr KK Neeraj has given are specified in the First Schedule Part-I and are applicable to the all individuals except resident females and resident senior citizen assessees.