Home > Experts > Service Tax > Surrender of ST-2

Surrender of ST-2 (Service Tax)

I have surrendered ST-2 online, but didn't submit hard copy of the same to service tax department. Should I need to deposit hard copy to Service tax department and what documents will attach with the hard copy? Please guide me...

CA. SANAT PYNE

You should submit your hard copy with the following letter.

FORM OF DECLARATION & SURRENDER OF ST-2

(In terms of Notification No 04/2007-51 dated 01.03.2007 and sub-
rule (7) & (8) of Rule 4 of Service Tax Rules, 1994)

To
The Superintendent of Service Tax,

Sub: Surrender of Service Tax Registration ST-2 Certificate - reg.

I/We.................... Partner/proprietor/ Director of M/s .................situated at Mumbai hereby declare that I/ We are/were engaged in providing the services, namely................from the above said premises. I/ We have paid all the Service Tax and Education Cess alongwith interest (if applicable) till date. Neither any Govt. dues nor any liability/ demand of Service Tax/ Interest/ proceedings are pending against me/us. I/We have also filed the half yearly Returns, i.e. ST- 3 Returns covering the period upto .......... The total turnover of my/ our firm/ company for the financial year is amounting to Rs........................
I/ We hereby undertake that if any Govt. dues are found to be recoverable from us in future and demanded by the Department, I/ We shall pay them immediately alongwith interest.

I/ We hereby surrender the ST-2 Certificate bearing No as I/ we cease to provide taxable service and/ or availing the exemption under Notification No.......... ......... ......... ..

(Signature)
(Name of partner/ Proprietor/ Directors)

Place:
Date:

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA

THANK YOU SIR.