Home > Experts > Corporate Law > Signing of Audited Balance Sheet

Signing of Audited Balance Sheet (Corporate Law)

My Query is pertaining to signing of Audited Financial Statement of the Company by a CA and Director of a Company.

If suppose I am CA. What will be date when I will be signing the Audited Balance Sheet?
a) Balance Sheet presented to the Directors, Board of Directors meeting approving the Balance Sheet.
b) Balance Sheet presented to the Share Holders in the AGM.

What will the date in case of Director?

What is the difference between Balance Sheet Date, Audit date and date of signing the reports?
I need a kind answer.

Anjani Pratap Tiwari

The date mentioned in the Audited Balance Sheet is the date when auditor sign the balance sheet. The Directors report is prepared also for the same date, because after approval of directors the B/S is signed by the Auditor.

Ca. Rajesh Dhama

approval of balance sheet is mandatory before audit report so auditor can not sign audit report before that. balance sheet date is date for which balance sheet prepaired.