Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

Home > Experts > Service Tax > service tax liability on delhi jal board contractor

service tax liability on delhi jal board contractor (Service Tax)

one of my client is contractor of delhi jal board. in nov., 08 jal board issued direction to compulsory registration no. in service tax. my client then registered under service tax under works contract services. but no service tax is taxed on the bill is prepared by the jal board after measurement of contract work within the qtr. jan.,09 to mar.,09. now in april, 09 jal board withdrawl the compulsory condition for registered under service tax.
now what i have to do whether continue the service tax number or surrender the service tax registration.

Madhukar N Hiregange

As I understand the bill is being prepared by the reciver of the service and St is not charged in that bill.
If the same is a commercial construction there would be a aliability under WC. Automatically government/ authroities are not excluded.