Home > Experts > VAT > One Proprietor and Two Different Name Firm Sales Tax

One Proprietor and Two Different Name Firm Sales Tax (VAT)

Query : One Proprietor with PAN no and his two firms. He register under sales tax.
My query is, he make first registration under name ABC mfg firm with sales tax and then after one year he register second firm XYZ with sales tax which is also mfg unit but different activity. Both of firms proprietor is same person and same PAN no. Both registration certificate number is same on Sales Certificate. Under which section or rule the department has issue SAME NUMBER to BOTH FIRMS when PROPRIETOR is ONE ?

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

This is a very common case in VAT. In VAT, when the proprietor starts a new business he has to inform it to the department and the department adds the name of the new business to the existing Registration Certificate. Such thing happens only if the proprietor, or the firm or the company is one but had started a different business.

Sudhir Patil

To,
Mr Amolji,
Thanks and I am agree with you. But we require such documents to produce it in some Central Govt. Authority to accept the case. So, could you please give the refeance under which section or rules it covers, so I can produce it.

Sudhir Patil

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

I dont know the section exactly, but in every form there is an option to mention additional places of business as well as "business covered under same R.C." you can get it there..