Home > Experts > Income Tax > Income tax return for the a y 2010-2011

Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Income tax return for the a y 2010-2011 (Income Tax)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

( Author )
05 January 2013


Unfortunately i could not file my Income Tax return for the A Y 2010-2011. Can I file my return for that Assessment year. My IT return for the Nxt two year is also pending.


( Expert )
06 January 2013

If there is no tax liability in AY 2010-11, there is no problem.
Fortunately, you can not file the return for AY 2010-11.
File the pending returns of AY 2011-12 and AY 2012-13 to make the fortune.

C A S.S.Agarwal, M.Com.,LL.B,

( Expert )
15 January 2013

As per the Income Tax Act you cannot file your return for the Assessment Year 2010-11 now as you have failed to file your return either u/s 139(1) or 139(3). In case you receive any notice u/s 142(1) or 143(2) then it can be filed. In case there is refund then you can file the return claiming the refund. This return can be physically filed. To be on safer side if there is any tax payable then pay the tax with interest and file the return physically. You may get notice u/s 147 for regularisation of this return.



You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Resolved Queries :


Quick Links

back to the top