advertise
advertise
Home > Experts > Income Tax > tds not shown in statement of 26as

tds not shown in statement of 26as (Income Tax)

Very very Thanks in advance for solution
giving for my below question . this is
very urgent .

My Question is how much time will take
for correction of TDS Statement 26as ?.
because deductor deduct the tds and also
deposit it( as per his Saying ) , but not
shown in 26as statement . And also my tds
deductor always said that it will correct
in near comming days.and after 2 month
till it(TDS) is not shown in Statement of
26AS.

BHAI(SAI) DUPARE

sometimes some challans not matched as per return and actual data. but after filling revised return it should be corrected within 2 days.

C A S.S.Agarwal, M.Com.,LL.B,

expert is right

Sidhardh

Merely deducting the TDS and depositing will not update Form 26AS of deductees. Because while payment of TDS no details required to be submitted i.e., to which parties that TDS belongs to.

It is at the time of filing e-TDS return that deductor will provide the details of deductees in TDS return. Based on the e-TDS return filed, Form 26AS of all deductess mentioned in e-TDS returns will get updated automatically.

No deductor can directly apply for updation of your Form 26AS. Form 26AS will get updated automatically when the deductor filed e-TDS returns whether regular / correction.

If e-TDS return is not filed by the deductor, then Form 26AS of deductees will not get updated even if the deductor deposited the TDS amount by Challan.

If the deductor deducted TDS amount correctly and deposited to government but not filed e-TDS return correctly then Form 26AS will show wrong.

Finally, the simple understanding is, whatever deductor shows in e-TDS return filing, only that will be updated in deductees Form 26AS irrespective of actual deduction and deposit of TDS.

However, if the returns are not filed correctly by deductor, then even after filing the e-TDS return, it will not be "BOOKED" in Form 26AS and will show the staus as "UN BOOKED".

Hope it's clear now.