Easy Office
LCI Learning

Short Deduction Notice

Page no : 3

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 21 October 2023

I simply sent a mail to them, something like this:

Dear Sir,

I am trying to file the appeal with regards to demand notice TDS/2023/AKxxxx dated xx/09/2023, however, Form 35 on the portal is not showing the option to select AY 2024-25, and therefore, I am not able to file the Appeal (please see attached screenshot). I had written to TDS-CPS for help, but in their reply they suggested me to contact on  efilinghelpdesk @ incometax.gov.in (please see their response in mail chain below)

I request to sort out this technical issue as soon as possible so that I can file my Appeal.

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 22 October 2023

Thanks for sharing but I have already sent a email yesterday

sumanth rao (19 Points)
Replied 24 October 2023

I have submitted the correction statement as change in the payment date as there was no other option.

However it got rejected by AO.

hoping for the solution from Income tax

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 24 October 2023

Why you wanted to change the date of payment?

venkatesh (student) (25 Points)
Replied 30 October 2023

I have same issue, please connect with me (venky4venkatesh @ gmail.com), i do have one solution. We will try together

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 31 October 2023

Hi Venkatesh,

Welcome to the league! What solution you have?

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 01 November 2023

Anil- Did you got any solution ?

If anyone get any solution please let us know

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 08 November 2023

Did you guys got any solutions please suggest.

Palash Jain (4 Points)
Replied 09 November 2023

Did any one got the solution...or we should raise this issue on Twitter.

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 12 November 2023

Anil - did you get any solution from venkat ?

Gaurav Semwal (15 Points)
Replied 12 November 2023

Due to the substantial TDS penalty and ongoing interest charges, I had to resort to filing an 'Appeal' as no viable solution was apparent.

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 12 November 2023

Ok so there is no option to appeal in the system as it should have been done within 30 days from the notice issued date and moreover we don't have an option to select the assessment year 24-25. How are you appealing now ?

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 12 November 2023

I had asked for help from them regarding AY 2024-25 not available on portal and have received reply from them that it will be provided later till then have patience!! (?) So, I am being patient.

I hope they will accept the reason for not filing appeal within 30 days as there was a technical issue from their side.

Meanwhile, I discussed with different CAs and almost all were of the view that this will be rectified as Department might not have anticipated this and will take action to correct this soon. But, I think we should try to find a way to reach to the top management of IT and Finance Minister to bring this to their notice. And Twitter seems to be a possible way. Any other idea? 

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 12 November 2023

I could see some one has posted the same issue on Twitter already 

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 12 November 2023

There are many tweets in this regard. I found a tweet where Income Tax Department has replied that they have noted the issue and have forwarded it. See here

https://tinyurl.com/32rzus36

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: