Easy Office
LCI Learning

Short Deduction Notice

Page no : 4

MAYUR THAKKAR INCOME TAX (6 Points)
Replied 16 November 2023

Facing same issue, non linking of ADHAR PAN from seller side, & department is raising notice for short deduction to buyer. Also while making payment in form 26QB, the system was automatically calculating tax @ 1% , if seller's PAN is inoperative then system should prompt itself on payment page & should automatically calculate tax @ 20%. No resolution provided by cpc tds call centre. Has any one get solution then please guide.

Musrath Shaik (175 Points)
Replied 16 November 2023

In this situation, where you've received a short deduction notice for TDS, and there's a delay in the correction request being resolved, it's essential to take specific steps to address the issue. Here are some general guidelines:

1. Communication with Tax Authorities:

• Consider reaching out to the income tax department through their official channels for clarification on the status of your correction request.
    • You may contact the Assessing Officer or the concerned jurisdictional officer to explain the situation and provide any additional information they may require.
  2. Documentary Evidence:

• Ensure that you have proper documentation to support your case.

For further more detailed information on this topic visit: Tax Dеductеd at Sourcе (TDS)

To read more such trending content, visit Swipe Blogs.

Gaurav Singh (NA) (24 Points)
Replied 20 November 2023

I am facing the same issue. its been a 2 month but no solution received. Anyone here who deposited demand notice tds amount or all are just waiting like me for some miracle solution.

Tarun Sood (2 Points)
Replied 22 November 2023

I am having the same issue. Did anyone get any resolution? Talked with multiple CAs but did not get any resolution.

pinky prajapati (practicing CA) (62 Points)
Replied 02 December 2023

One of my friends also facing the same issue. Anyone able to figure out any solution??

DEVARAPU SREENU (SREENU) (77 Points)
Replied 04 December 2023

one solution is there in tds return remove that transaction belong to in operative

change the date in quater 3 and file a return in q3

in that case you get interest extra payment only

Replied 04 December 2023

one solution is there in tds return remove that transaction belong to in operative

Replied 04 December 2023

Replied 04 December 2023

simple solution change the dates and file in quater 3

that challan use in q3 in case any notice come please pay additional interest 

Manish (CA) (1079 Points)
Replied 04 December 2023

https://www.caclubindia.com/experts/conso-file-2914684.asp

Replied 04 December 2023

In 26QB, can we change the dates? as property transactions are already recorded in Registrar office and will also get updated on IT portal. Then there will be mistmatch. Please Guide

Replied 04 December 2023

in case you get any mismatch notice then reply like that this is the problem we dont get 19% back so thas why we did like that any interest for late date please tell me i will pay told like that

Replied 04 December 2023

Has any practically tried this? If yes, kindly guide how to proceed.

manish kumar (6 Points)
Replied 07 December 2023

I am also facing the same issue. Please guide me how to proceed.

N K (8 Points)
Replied 13 December 2023

Change the dates and pay interest is better option. Is anyone trying this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: