Easy Office
LCI Learning

Short Deduction Notice

Page no : 2

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 12 October 2023

I talked to the Dy Commissioner from whom I received the notice of short deduction. He was very cordial and explained me in details. He said he has no authority to cancel this order or waive off the demand. We have only 2 options now, (i) pay the amount now and claim later (by seller when he/she will file the Return next year) and/or (ii) go for appeal. It may take anything from 6 -12 months for them to give any decision on the appeal. 

Anyone who did this? Or, something different?

sumanth rao (19 Points)
Replied 16 October 2023

Still no resolution for the same, Appeal is the only hope we may have.

Ideally as per the process what is the issue with the buyer if the seller PAN is inoperative ?

Why the buyer is getting suffered after buying the property? 

Why the IT team can't stop me buying the property if they already knows the issue ?

If anyone got any solution please let us know. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 16 October 2023

I really don't know how to proceed in this situation until someone help us. So much pressure going through because of this.

Did anyone went for appeal.

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 16 October 2023

Please note that Appeal is to be done within 30 days of demand order date. I tried to file the appeal (using form 35), but found that AY 24-25 is not enabled in the system so we cannot select it and cannot move forward. My 30 days deadline expired yesterday.

First, it was fault of seller that he didn't link the PAN, then system that it didn't warn us at the time of TDS, then now again system which is not allowing to file the appeal. Sufferer only one person - the buyer, for none of his fault.

1 Like

sumanth rao (19 Points)
Replied 16 October 2023

Then no solution for this ?

If we pay the money as per the notice will it be returned to seller through IT returns.

Firstly, seller will not accept for this as the agreement has been closed.

Secondly, if seller agrees by any change, how much percentage will be refunded ?

What would be the process for the same, we need to think for alternate solutions as well.

Gaurav Semwal (15 Points)
Replied 16 October 2023

Have any of you filed a correction statement?

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 18 October 2023

Where should we reject/reply the notice from, is it from incometax Portal or from traces website ???

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

Any one recieving error while submitting the correction in traces.

If you have submitted the correction, can you tell me where and what options would need to be selected for submitting the correction. 

Request you guys to tell the steps on how to submit the traces correction 

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

While submitting the correction on income tax portal we are not getting the assessment year 24-25

Any advices?

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

Yes, AY 2024-25 is not available in Appeal form also (Form 35) and at other places, like Grievances. I had raised a complaint with the department for this and then I was advised to write to efilinghelpdesk @ incometax.gov.in . I had written them about the issue yesterday and today I have received the acknowledgment. 

I hope the issue will be sorted out soon. But, advise all to write to the above address and get this issue recorded, so that any late penalty can be contested with the proof of technical issue.

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

What acknowledgement they sent you and can we ignore correction as we sent the email to that address

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

@ Gaurav and sumanth

If you guys have submitted the correction through traces, could you please let me know the steps and what are all required for doing the correction and how the process for doing that. If you are not ok sharing in public way, please do message me the instructions through pm option under profile 

Anil Goyal (47 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

I believe in TRACES, we can correct any mistake we did while filling 26QB, for example if entered incorrect value or property address, etc. It cannot be used for the issue related to short deduction notice due to in-operative PAN that we are discussing here. 

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 20 October 2023

Then how did  sumanth and gaurav submitted the correction, in incometax Portal there is no option of assessment year 24-25.

Just trying to understand to give the reply.

Bobby ( ) (44 Points)
Replied 21 October 2023

@ Ani goyal - can you send me a draft copy  removing your details, so that i can add and send the email to the mailer you given. You can do private message to me.

@ gaurav,sumanth - can you please suggest us how did you submit the reply for the notice you got. So that we will do in same way

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: