Easy Office
LCI Learning

RPU 4.7 NOT GENERATING FVU

Page no : 3

Mehul Dugar (Business) (32 Points)
Replied 03 September 2023

Exactly what I mentioned in another thread related to this. Issue is with the csi file as checked in fvu file as well. They need to update the csi file format for fvu 8.2

1 Like

Kunal Mittal (FINANCE OFFICER) (580 Points)
Replied 03 September 2023

same problem. did everything. no use

Mannurkar (Accountant) (159 Points)
Replied 04 September 2023

Problem is with CSI file which shows version 8.1 instead of 8.2.  It should be corrected by efiling website

Balachandar Chandar (4 Points)

T-FV-3175 Either you are using old FVU version or old challan file (i.e. .csi file), please use the latest FVU version and challan file available at www.tin-nsdl.com and validate the file.

how to resolve this isssue 

Balachandar Chandar (4 Points)

T-FV-3175 Either you are using old FVU version or old challan file (i.e. .csi file), please use the latest FVU version and challan file available at www.tin-nsdl.com and validate the file.

how to resolve this isssue 

Neelesh Viswanathan (94 Points)

Wait for a few days; hopefully the Income Tax portal will change the CSI file format to suit FVU ver 8.2. To confirm the CSI file's version, use a text editor like notepad to open the CSI and check what's written after the 3rd ^ character on the 1st line; if it's 8.1, don't proceed. If it's 8.2, make an attempt.

Poorva Gupta (Chartered Accountant) (22 Points)

Exactly due to such careless codings done in the software, we are loosing on so much time. 

Email response from Protean:

"The CSI file which you are using for validating purpose is of old version as highlighted in below snapshot hence we request you to use the latest challan file available at e-Filling Portal and validate the same through RPU version 4.7 and e-TDS/TCS FVU.exe (Version 8.2).( in case other software used for return preparation)

If same error occur then request you to follow the below details.

To resolve the below concern for validation purpose , you may contact with Income Tax Department as error occurring in CSI File i.e. old challan file (8.1 Version) and ask e-filing team to rectify the error at their end.

You may visit below mentioned e-filling portal to resolve the issue.

https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/contact-us

"

It's clear that the Income Tax Portal isn't updated to give CSI file as per FVU ver 8.2. It betrays a lack of foresight as well as the communication levels between departments of the govt, in fact concerning the same issue which is TDS.

3 Like

TaxGiene (Others) (55 Points)
Replied 05 September 2023

Changing the version to 8.2 in CSI essentially changes the type of error. In my case it is `T-FV-1029 Invalid Challan Input file (CSI file) provided for verification of challan details. Download the challan file (CSI file) from the TIN website and use the same for verification of challan details mentioned in the TDS/TCS statement` Can you by any chance decode the meaning of next placeholder? It is showing 2.XXX in my CSI. 

TaxGiene (Others) (55 Points)

Also I think lodging grievance collectively to ITD -- under Department e-filing, → Category TIN 2.0, → Sub-Category Challan Status Inquiry (CSI), will help to draw attention of ITD for quick resolution.

2 Like

Merely changing 8.1 to 8.2  in the 1st line won't help because the system also calculates a "HASH" value which is after the last ^ character on the 1st line. Also, that 2.xxx is the lower FVU version which is accepted. Ultimately, we can't do anything unless ITD portal makes the change in the system and gives the proper CSI file.

Kishore V (2 Points)

Use FVU Version 2.178 which is applicable from 01 September 2023 and try it again

Mehul Dugar (Business) (32 Points)

2.178 is for statements upto FY 09-10. Please don't post anything unnecessarily. 

1 Like

subhajit (Sr. Accountant) (162 Points)

Exactly, we all need to submit grievance.

1 Like

sk shelter (2 Points)

SAME PROBLEM ( RPU4.7 FVU 8.2 LATEST CSI CHALLAN )

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: