Branch a/c in head office accounts

santhosh kumar (B.Com) (24 Points)

12 June 2014  

Dear Sir,

I recently joined in a company, where Company has 7 branches apart from Head office. Head office doing all the purchases & payments except the petty expenses at branches. Branches meet these expenses from their daily cash sales. Inter branch transfer of goods are also happening between branches. All the transfer between branches and head office to branches are being done at cost prices. Now I want to know, how can I maintain a head office account having all the branch accounting vouchures in tally 9? If I want to create a branch account, under which a/c it can be created? Branch/divisions shown under primary head in Tally is treated as liabilities. if I create branches under this head, whether it will affect negatively in balace sheet? I tried to treat branch as a sundry debtor in Head office book. but when i get money from them, which is more than the value of goods sent to them, i could credit them only for the value of goods sent to them and the balance figure has to be shown in HO record in P/L account. but I dont want to show branch Profit / Loss  in HO account. I just want to show P/L seperately for each branch. Please give me a solution to this.