Valuation for Inter unit transfer

24 October 2009

we have two units as unit I and II registered under Excise. If i want to transfer a matrial from one unit to another unit what value I should take for making invoice, whether i have to load value @ 110% pls advise

yes you add 10% notional profit:

Where excisable goods are wholly consumed within the factory of production or in any other factory of the same manufacturer, the assessable value is to be determined under section 4(1 )(b) of the Act, read with Valuation Rules, on the basis of value of comparable goods or cost of production including a reasonable margin of profit, if value of comparable goods is not ascertainable.