Home > Experts > Service Tax > Unable to revise st return (90 days period crossed)

Unable to revise st return (90 days period crossed) (Service Tax)

Dear Experts,

I have filed my company's service tax return through E-filing for the F.Y. 2010-11.

Due to some reasons I have to revise it but 90 days period already crossed. Now I am getting error 90 days crossed.

Please guide me what should I do is there any option to revise my ST return after paying some late fees if not kindly educate me what other options available to revise ST return.

Help me !!!!!

U S Sharma

what is the main purpose of revising the ST return?

if you have some adjustments you can do it in forthcoming return also, provided the balance period covers both the returns in same year.

01 September 2011

Thanks for your reply,

We received TDS certificate of Rs. 5 Lacs on 31st March, 2011. But we are not aware of this at the time of filing service Tax return.

At the time of Audit Auditor said you should pay the Service Tax with interest of the said amount and also revise return accordingly.

We have deposited Interest on Service Tax but we are unable to revise Service Tax return.

Please suggest me for the same.

U S Sharma

01 September 2011

it means that you have additional turnover of 5 lacs in service tax

as TDS certificates were issued in may and must have reached you within june, revision of returns were open upto 25th july, what was the reason for such non compliance?

check the turnover details, and if possible then bill the amount in april 2011. as the revision after 90 days would lead your case to DC level and addition of turnover will lead suspect of concealment (wilful furnishing of wrong data)