Home > Experts > Income Tax > Transfer of ITR from CPC

Transfer of ITR from CPC (Income Tax)

When I checked the status of my ITR processing on the CPC website, I got a message saying, "ITR transferred out of CPC to Jurisdiction Assessing Officer in Income Tax Office". Does that mean ITR is not being accepted under 143(1) and is being referred for scrutiny assessment? Under 127 do they not have to pass an order and send it to me? The transfer was done in October but I have not received any communication related to an order.

CA. SANAT PYNE

It means that, CPC has sent the return to the jurisdiction, and the concerned jurisdiction will send the intimation u/s 143(1) and demand/refund after processing the ITR.

Taxguy

True, I second Sanat's thought.

None of you have answered the second part of my question which was under section 127 of the I.T. Act do they not have to pass a transfer order and send it to me?

CA. SANAT PYNE

Section 127 relates to transfer of your jurisdiction.Here your jurisdiction has not been transferred. CPC has transfer your ITR to your concerned jurisdiction.

CPC is not a jurisdiction.CPC is processing centre .