Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Students > Transfer of articleship in 3rd year

Transfer of articleship in 3rd year (Students)

I am pursuing 3rd year of my articleship in Mumbai. I have been staying at my Uncle's home since I have started my articleship. Now my uncle alongwith his family is shifting to his native place (kolkata) permanently. Now I want to transfer my articleship to Kolkata as I cannot continue remaining period of my articleship in Mumbai as I dont have any residence facility over here.
Now on the aforesaid ground, can my remaining articleship period be served in Kolkata?
Please reply.

Thanks in anticipation

Ajay Mishra

Hi

Transfer/Termination of Articleship
[Regulation 56(1)]

In partial modification of the announcement dated 30th June 2009 regarding transfer / termination of articles the Council in its recent meeting has decided that the transfer/termination of articleship in terms of Regulation 56(1) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 shall be permissible on
the grounds as stated below: -

I. Transfer /termination of articles is permitted without any restriction during the first year of articles.

II. During rest of the articleship period on satisfying any one or more of the conditions as stated below: -
1. Medical grounds requiring discontinuance of articles for a minimum period of three months (on production of a Medical Certificate issued by a Government Hospital).
2. Transfer of parent(s) to another city.
3. Misconduct involving moral turpitude.
4. Other justifiable circumstances / reasons: -
(ii) Grounds already permissible in the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 (on submission of requisite proof of the act warranting transfer/termination of articleship): -
a. Industrial Training (Regulation 51)
b. Secondment of articles (Regulation 54)
c. Conversion from PCC to IPCC (for termination of articles only. Re-registration of articles to be allowed only after passing Group-I of IPCC)
d. Death of Principal [Regulation 57(1)(c)]
e. Ceasing of practice by the Principal [Regulation 57(1)(a)]
f. Removal of name of the Principal from the Register of Member due to any reason
[Regulation 57(1)(b)]

(iii) Marriage basis (only if there is relocation to another city involving distance of 50 kms).

(iv) Irregular payment or non payment of stipend with reference to Regulation 67.

(v) Articled assistant desires to serve balance period of training outside India.

(vi) Shifting by the Principal to another city involving distance more than 50 kms.

The articled assistants are required to get the consent of the Institute before getting Form 109 signed by the Principal in their own interest.

The request, on any one or more of the aforesaid grounds, of an articled assistant on a plain paper alongwith the recommendation/ consent of the Principal for transfer / termination of articleship accompanied by evidence/proof (self-attested by the articled assistant) to the satisfaction of the Institute be made. Request for transfer not accompanied by consent of Principal shall not be accepted.

In case of dispute between principal and articled assistant, the matter be settled amicably among the articled assistant and the principal concerned and the Institute shall not interfere in such cases.

Thanks for the reply sir. But you have not mentioned in my case, is the transfer possible or not?

Ajay Mishra

Hi

If the Institute justify your reason then they can give approval on your transfer.

CCI Coaching Faculties