Home > Experts > Income Tax > Tds on interest paid to banks & other institutions

Tds on interest paid to banks & other institutions (Income Tax)

Dear Experts,
My company has taken loan from various Banks & Financial Institutions.
Q1) Whether I am required to deduct the TDS and pay the Interest to these Banks & Financial Institutions?

Q2) If the answer to above is Yes, then whether it is applicable to both Sechedule & Unschedule banks?

CA Navin Jain

Q1- No, TDS WOULD BE DEDUCTED
Q-2- No NEED TO DEDUCT TDS IF INTEREST HAS PAID TO EITHER OF SCHEDULE OR UNSCHEDULE BANK

RAM HARIT

thanks for immediate response....

Aditya Maheshwari

why is the query open then.

CA. Aryendra

Interest on loan is covered to TDS u/s 194A of the Income tax Act. However, as per Sec.194A(3)(iii), interest paid to any banking company to which Banking Regulation Act, 1949 applies is not subject to tax deduction. Thus, any interest on car loan obtained from banks are not subject to TDS.