I would like to know TDS Applicability, if we are making a advance payment towards organising body for sponsorship for a conference/event.

Please reply.

taxindiaconnect (Expert)

Please specify whether the payment is towards sponsorship of the event or it is for organising he event by a an event manager. If the payment is towards sponsorship, it is covered under advertisement and TDs rate is 1% if the payment is to a event manager for providing the services to organise a conference, it is a works contract, TDS @ 2% needs to be deducted. Needless to say that the applicable SC and EC also apply on the above rates.

VINAYAK (Querist)

We are paying to Organising Body for Conference Sponsorshing of 3 session.

Now tell me how tds will be applicable