TDS on Compensation.....

01 January 2010

I just want to know that if there is any TDS deduction on Compensation received on any amount... what is the limit of the same... pls. guide me....

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Expert)
01 January 2010

Section 194LA is for TDS on account of payment of compensation/enhanced compensation on acquisition of land,other than agricultural land,/building. Pl visit for further details.

Murtaza Bhagat (Expert)
01 January 2010

yes,as per Sec.194LA Paying Compensation or enhanced compensation on account of compulsory acquisition under any law for any immovable property other than agricultural land for that rate of TDS is 10% and Aggregate amount of payment doesn't exceeds rs.1,00,000 during a F.Y