Home > Experts > Income Tax > TDS correction

TDS correction (Income Tax)

11 June 2011

can i file TDS correction statement without take consolidate file from NSDL site.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

11 June 2011

Yes you can, provided you have the original FVU file. If you use any software then simply choose the option of Correction Statement.

CA KRISHNA KUMAR DARUKA

11 June 2011

Sanjayji

There is a note given at the start of home page of tin-nsdl as follows:

TDS/TCS correction statement to be prepared using consolidated TDS/TCS file only:
As directed by DIT (Systems), deductor/ collector are advised to prepare correction TDS/TCS statements using consolidated TDS/TCS file only, provided by TIN. Consolidated TDS/TCS file is provided to registered TANs.

What is the meaning of this statement. Can we still use original fvu file for preparing correction statements.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

11 June 2011

Consolidated statement is required when we have already filed revised return more than one time. The consolidated file is the merged updated return, which we revise again. I have revised quite a few returns recently using KDK software and they were duly accepted.

CA KRISHNA KUMAR DARUKA

12 June 2011

Sanjayji,

I think the new method given by Tin-NSDL is applicable for first correction return also and is effective from 11.6.2011. I am also using KDK software. They have given a software update today. After updating the software it is not allowing to correct the original statement and instead saying "As per instructions from DIT Correction Statement can be generated with the consolidated file (.tds received from NSDL) only."

Please take trouble to look into above and inform me whether my understanding is correct.