advertise
advertise
Home > Experts > Income Tax > TDS

TDS (Income Tax)

29 June 2010

Please let me know whether quaterly TDS returns(form 26Q) can be filed without payment of interest on delayed TDS payments.Further, I would like to know whether TDS paid in excess of TDS liability for a particular month can be carried forward and adjusted towards TDS liability in the subsequent month.

CMA Ramesh Krishnan

29 June 2010

Yes.canbe filed but Departemnt find the same can be demanded for payment and Excess payment of TDS can be adjusted susquent month with in that Financial year

Shyam Lal Naik

29 June 2010

Can be filed without payment of interest, although it should be paid before filing the quarterly return.

Technically, a challan can be used in one quarter only. If the challan is bifurcated and shown in 2 or more quarters, there shall be mismatch in the OLTAS.

Excess TDS of a particular month can be carried forward to next month, provided both the months fall in the same quarter.