Tax credit mismatch

28 February 2013

Please note the i was filing belated return of a company . While filing the TDS Sheet the TAN No. mentioned by me is wrong. However the Party name and amount is correct.Now in the income tax website TAX credit mismatch is seen. Since the return cannot be revised because it was a belated return and the amount of credit involved is also huge What should i do to Proceed?Kindly Revert.Its Urgent.

shivaji prasad bhimavarapu (Expert)
28 February 2013

The TDS mismatch will generate demand by the CPC.Then you can file rectifiction or else you can file the original TDS( Form 16A)Certificate with the Assessing office having the jurisdiction.

Rajnish singh (Expert)
28 February 2013

IF YOU FILED TDS RETURN WITH WRONG TAN NO . IN THAT CASE YOUR CHALLAN AND OTHER IS MISMATCHED AND DEFAULT NOTICE WILL BE GENERATED.

SO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE .

SEE YOUR DEFAULT NOTICE AND ACCORDINGLY RECTIFY THE SAME.

TDS CORRECTION CAN BE MADE WITH IN ONE YEAR FROM THE END OF ASSESSMENT YEAR.

THANKS

soumya (Querist)
28 February 2013

Sir Kindly note that i have entered wrong tan while filing income tax Return in the TDS Deducted (other than salary Sheet)...and NOT TDS RETURN