Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax > Taking credit on telephone and internet charges

Taking credit on telephone and internet charges (Service Tax)

09 June 2012

Dear Sirs,

I have one query, which talks about taking service tax credit on the bills paid for internet charges and telephone.

My company is a project company and is having factory and Office at different location. If the ST Registration is in the name of Factory place and bills are coming in the name of office address. Will it make any biburcation for taking input credit of service tax based on the address of the bills.

What will happen if the Telephone bills are coming in the name of office address and if the bills are coming in the name of Factory address.

Vikas

Kishor B

10 June 2012

Have you registered your office & factory separately under Service tax?

Maintain separate cenvat credit details if you've 2 registrations else file a single ST3 return for the entire business.