Standard deduction on house property

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 July 2011

Hi! I want to know if standard deduction on rent from a foreign property received by an ordinary resident is eligible for 30% standard deduction in computation of income.
If yes, under which section.

CMA Ramesh Krishnan (Expert)
30 July 2011

As per section 22 if the asseessee is ordinary resident and received in India as income from foreign house property during the previous year is taxable. hence section 22 applied for the foreign house property income then section 24 (a) 30% deduction also can be considered

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x