Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

×
Home > Experts > Corporate Law > Stamp duty on issue of shares certificate

Stamp duty on issue of shares certificate (Corporate Law)

I want to know the place where stamp duty to be paid. If the Registered office of the company is in Delhi.But Board Meeting for allotment of shares are held in Gurgaon i.e. Corporate office of the Company.

Plz. suggest me the solution and also the rate of stamp duty to be paid in Delhi

Ajay Mishra

Hi

Yes, You can paid the stamp duty as applicable in the state of Haryana, because the Corporate office of the company is situated in that state including Board Meeting foe issuance of share certificate is also hold in state of Haryana.Following point should be kept in mind:

1. That the transaction in question here was carried out and completed at our Corporate Office located in Gurgaon, Haryana .
2. That, to the best of our information and as mandated by section 10 of the Stamp Duty Act, 1899 we have complied with all stamp duty requirements as well as other related compliances as applicable, keeping in mind the jurisdiction of the State of Haryana and the law, for the time being in force, therein
3. That we have paid a sum of Rs. 1/- per share certificate as prescribed under Schedule I-A of the Indian Stamp Act, 1899 as applicable in the states of Punjab and Haryana.