Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

Home > Experts > Service Tax > Service tax on civil works

Service tax on civil works (Service Tax)

This query is : Open

hello friends,

I have received a bill for civil contract works of rs 100000 which is inclusive of service tax and wct.

pls advise me,as per the latest amendment in service tax(applicable wef 1.7.2012)

1.what is my service tax liability and what is contractor's service tax liability.
2.whether i will be eligible for claiming input tax credit on service tax payment.
3.amount of tds to be deducted.

Dear Mr Pankaj,

Always indicate in your query your STATE to answer the query. Especially VAT TDS is different for each state. IT TDS is common.

Can you give bifurcation made by the Service provider i.e works contractor for Rs.1,00,000, as you have mentioned as inclusive of WCT sertax and VAT.

This is required to know how much Service tax is charged by the contractor.